Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hey family,

Happy Thanksgiving! My mom just called saying "It feels like holiday already". Excited to relax, eat, bike, have some wine and of course - very exicted my parents and brother are coming out to visit this year! Below is a picture of our solo t-day last year!. It will be nice to have some help with all that food!

We'll post our menu on the food blog. Love to see what others are having too!

The week leading into thanksgiving is always very fun. Last year I spent the prior saturday night in the parking lot of Target waiting for the first release of the nintendo Wii. After waiting from 12:00 AM to 8:00 am with a bunch of 15 year olds we got our Wii! We then played Legend of Zelda all thanksgiving week which is exactly what we wanted to do. This past saturday we got the new Super Mario Galaxy. we love it! My brother and I have historically played Mario and Zelda during thanksgiving for years so the timing is quite perfect that Mario release coincides with his visit to South Bay!

Aside from video games we also kicked off the week with an amazing mountain bike ride with my buddy John Reeves at Corte de Madera Creek in Woodside. This is the home of the famous "Alice's Restaurant". We went to Alice's afterward for lunch.

Sunday we met our friend Cornelius for a sea kayaking trip and the Elkhorn Slough near Monterey. It was so fun! Unfortunately we had technical difficulties with the camera. We got to see Seals, Otters and the most impressive were the Pelicans. I could write a whole other posting about the pelicans and how it made me think of a quote from "Fahrenheigt 451" by Ray Bradbury. Maybe I'll come back to that later.

My point is - the week has been great so far and we're very exicted about the rest of it! Love to all!

Joey and Julie

1 comment:

MoonRaka said...

Joey & Julie,

Dad just got home from Frankfurt a little while ago. He's already ZZZZZZing away........Long trip back. I'm packing the last of our chingaderas, and in less than 8 hours we'll be up and about.....on our way to DIA.

Josh has already almost finished packing, which is unusual for him. But he said he doesn't want to be responsible for us missing my "Starbucks Stop" in the morning , as that would make it a LONG ride to the airport..........I'm glad he understands those "Important" preventive measures in daily life. He'll make a wonderful husband some day.

We are VERY excited to see your California Casa and to have some of those juicy, plump veggies you post on the BLOG........YUM!

C-U Manana!
Moon