Thursday, April 24, 2008

Sea Otter Classic

Here are some photos of my mountain bike race last friday.

Stats:

-65 guys in my heat
- 19.5 mile race
- I finished in an hour and 41 minutes
- My top speed was 44.9 mph

After 6-7 miles I was in 3rd place with number 1 and 2 in sight. I crashed becuase I hit some very loose sand on a tight turn (thus the bloody knees). I also got a flat tire during the crash I had to stop three times to fix. After the fix I was probably back to 40th place. By the end of the race I had caught back up to 9th but couldn't make it back to the front of the pack. Maybe next time!

I was an incredible experience. Awesome views and scenery, challenging trail and some fantastic riders out there. Really awesome!

Photos:
http://www.brightroom.com/view_user_photo.asp?EVENTID=32327&ID=48747558&FROM=photos&BIB=1560

Joe

6 comments:

MoonRaka said...

M'Hijito,

You look AWESOME! Congratulations!

I'm sorry about your wipe out and the flat tire. What's your next race ?

Tu Mama'

Greg and Amy Reed said...

Hi Joe,

Congratulations on doing so well in the race....and your pictures are awesome!!!!

Love, Greg and Amy

Deb said...

Congratulations!!!!

JoeMoe said...

Joey - you look like a professional racer, congratulations!!!

Suzanne said...

You are gorgeous Joey!

Suzanne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.