Monday, November 30, 2009

El Burro (aka.. "Hands on Joe")

As a web developer you sometimes run into people that have "The Idea" that they want you to build.  They commonly won't put in more than 10 minutes it takes to think about it.  They then hope for a remarkable amount of time from the person who can turn it into a real thing....  

I keep track of listings on craigslist from time to time to see if there are any good opportunities for networking.  Sometimes you can find great people - but you also get at least one daily posting like this Cheeser I stubmled across today... Look at this guy's pitch (and my interpretation below):

Craigslist Listing:
Serious Opportunity for the Development of a Revolutionary New App and Concept

 
We need a connection to allow us to seriously market an idea that could be very lucrative once implemented to Apple applications. (JM - said as if this "revolutionary idea" already exists in other, non-Apple realms!)

 
Candidate must have knowledge of and access to Apple Iphone development tools. App will incorporate video as well. 

 
This opportunity is only for those willing to put in a little bit of work for a potentially large payoff. Compensation will be negotiated i.e. royalty opportunities. (JM: Oh darn!  Looks like the strict standarards they have do not include me, who would alternatively prefer to put in a LOT of work for an assured TINY or non-existent payoff.. Wait - did I get that right?)


Minimum time investment for potential HUGE gain.
How could I not be their donkey when such high potential is at stake!  I'll make sure "El Burro" is listed as an alternate "nickname" in the resume I send them... I'll surely need to make my resume stick out among the huge pile of resumes will have to sort through...


This is a seriously innovative idea that could revolutionize the industry and have a massive following.
Could you imagine nebulous group of people of a denominiation I am not aware of following my work!!!!  How flattering! I  may not be able to sleep tonight due to the explosion of ideas that stimulate from this goal! Oh wait - that isn't excitement... it is just pain from a pulled muscle in my back...


Please respond with resume and cover letter to address above. Thank you for your input on this project!
"El Burro" is certainly looking forward to carrying your garbage around!!!  Any time!

3 comments:

MoonRaka said...

Ha, ha, ha, ha........thanks for the laugh Burro; it makes the start of my afternoon a real treat.

SO, you don't want to "Come be my Pinche Burro Pendejo.....for no $$$$$, ?"

What a concept!!!! Lol, again.......

Suzanne said...

He haw, he haw, he haw!

Greg and Amy Reed said...

Hi Joe,

Pretty funny blog... When I used to work construction jobs remodeling peoples basements or building decks.... there was always someone who would bid a job...then contact me asking if I'd be willing to do the work. They thought it was a great idea that they would make lots of dollars for "bidding the job" and I would make pennies for doing all the work.

Some things never change ;-)

Greg