Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Trip to Washington DC






Hello family!!!

Amy and I just got back from a trip to Washington DC. I was attending a conference and Amy came along so we could combine the business trip with a short vacation visiting our nation's capital.

The weather was great (50's-70's with no rain) and we thoroughly enjoyed visiting the Library of Congress, the Supreme Court, the Capital building, George Washington's home at Mt. Vernon, the National Gallery, and the monuments along the Washington Mall.

The many flowering shrub and tree blossoms were almost at their peak........




































Our visit left us with many wonderful memories, a better sense of our nation's history, and a great sense of pride in our nation's beautiful capital and the ideals on which our country was founded.

Greg

PS--> for those of you who don't know....my mother's maiden name is Lincoln....and President Lincoln is a distant relative on my family tree.

2 comments:

MoonRaka said...

Suegros,
These are amazing pictures !
I truly believe evry single one of us, Americanos, should make this trip at least once in our lifetime.
I can't wait to do it; it's on my Bucket List.
It's an honor and truly a pleasure to be related to Los Lincolnites. Polly has reason to be PROUD !!!!

Joe Morales said...

Great Pictures! I've only been to DC very briefly but it is a really cool place to visit! Looks like you had a great time!