Monday, July 9, 2007

Overdue Post


Hi all! It's been a while... "Susy, ay gara tel ia, ui gara ge raora hi-ar!" (Colombian/New Jersey accent) At the end of June, Raquel and I did a voiceover together in Boulder. She was supposed to leave for Germany the next day to join Joe Sr. when I was informed that the client needed a second female voice, and called my Handy. They believed me that she was awesome, but still had to present a demo of her voice to the client. She called it at the last millisecond and went for it, driving to Boulder and recording a sample of her voice, which was sent immediately via email to the client. They of course loved her articulate authentic Mexican voice and hired her on the spot. Poor little thing earned boo-coo bucks for one day of reading. It was wonderful having someone to talk with on the drive and a loving family member with whom to share some wealth. I feel very wealthy in the department of Love of Family and Friends. Happy times right now.

Speaking of Happy times, I have to include this not so good picture of Perry, my Yellow Naped Amazon, or "Green Chicken". I got home from the grocery store and was filling the birdfeed bin with parrot food when Gabe said, "Mom, look at Perry!" That little rascal had climbed up the blinds' string and was swinging and cackling like a crazy bird. Gabe took this photo with his cell.

Love you all,

Suzanne

1 comment:

MoonRaka said...

Cuncu,
It was MY pleasure sharing a ride to Boulder with you and learning about Voice Overs from my Handy. I loved the $$$$$ too....but more than anything I enjoyed the company and the Voice Over stories. Ju are Bery Funny and manage to make me laugh EVERY time we get together...THAT, my Dear Cuncu is a REAL Gift! I'm so amazing!
Perry is a HAM...what a Precious Bird!
Moon