Monday, October 22, 2007

Suzy's Tour- Sinai Egypt


Ahhh, Egypt, the land of no toilet paper and holes in the floor. The first time I saw one of the holes I said, "Hell No!". Then I got real. My bladder was bursting. I carried napkins in my purse from then on. My posterior had seen better days. Due to Ramadan (sp?) celebrations, we weren't allowed to eat or drink in public until dark. A lot of businesses were closed. I was so glad I took my shawl with me, because I had only one long sleeved top. I had to cover my arms, neck, hair, legs, you name it. And it was hot! I wish that an environmentalist would go there to show them how to make compost out of their leftover crops. They burned the corn stalks, so the air was completely toxic. I got soooo sick in Cairo, first time around. Another interesting thing was the driving at night with the headlights off. I was told they did that to save their batteries. Traffic was scary! But what an ethnic feast, and I met some very interesting people. How gorgeous they are!

2 comments:

Deb said...

Everytime you tell me that line, I laugh till it hurts. I would like to visit Egypt anyway and I'll remember to carry tissue!

Suzanne said...

Where's the Charmin?