Monday, February 18, 2008

Mountain Bike Race!

Hey Guys,

I rode my first mountain bike race this past Saturday. My neighbor Vito (my "coach") is from Venezuela and he races. He told me about this race series and got me out there this weekend to give it a shot.

I'm glad he did. I had beginner's luck with a first place finish. Yeah Baby! The ride was a blast. It was about 18 mile race and I finished in an hour and sixteen minutes. Thanks mama for the strong quads! Couldn't have done it without them ;)

The most impressive thing was the diversity of people that actually get out there! there were high school teams, children age 10, old old guys etc.. Everyone was out there to take on the "Singletrack" (Singletrack is very narrow and typically rather technical bike trail).
Here are a couple photos and a link to the results.

(At the start -I'm behind the guy in red)




Results: http://www.cccx.org/mtb/2008/race2/2008_CCCX_MTB_Race2_Beginner.shtml

3 comments:

Greg and Amy Reed said...

Hi Joe,

Congratulations on doing so well in the bike race. Your winning had nothing to do with luck....you've trained hard this past year and you are in great physical condition and you don't just pedal hard...you think about what you are doing...and ways to do it better....that's why you won!

Love, Greg and Amy

MoonRaka said...

M'Hijito,

I'm SO proud, but not at all surprised. You are an awesome "Dark Horse", the competition never sees you coming until it's too late.

The pictures are great; you look so STRONG! Thanks for the quad compliment, I guess I should stop cursing my legs, uh ? As I told Jumie, there are only 2 things you can do with quads like mine: Either you exercise to get them muscular , or you do Lipo Suction.

Congratulations Joey, what a fantastic accomplishment! Greg and Amy are right, your winning had nothing to do with luck. OR, as your Wrestling Coach used to say "Luck is when Preparation Meets Opportunity". You were totally prepared.

Love You Bunches!

Tu Mama'

JoeMoe said...

Wo, wo, wea, wo... I think that is how Borat would say awesome job. You are in prime shape and it shows in the pictures. I'm sure this is the 1st of many wins. We are very proud to see you balance work and life.

Love Dad!!