Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Grams does Greece....Fritz and Estelle celebrate 60 years....and off to Salida

Hello family!!!

I wanted to post a quick note and some pictures from our "Grams does Greece" party last Thursday. My mom's sister (Nancy)and brother (Joe) and spouses (Jerry and Jeanine) joined us (Julie, Joe, Amber, Brig, Joe, Raquel, Fritz and Estelle, Amy and I) to see the pictures and hear some "travel stories" while we ate and drank the wonderful food and wine everyone brought to the party.
Grams and Amber in Greece

Another highlight of the evening was wishing Fritz and Estelle a happy 60th anniversery!!!

Fritz and Estelle......happy 60th anniversery!!!

The evening was filled with laughter and love and Amy and I feel so very blessed to have such a wonderful family. The only "downer" of the night was I forgot to take a single picture!!!!!!


The next day......Amy and I headed off to Salida for some great music, fishing, hiking, bike riding, and just plain old "hanging out" in the beautiful mountains of Colorado. We were also blessed by a couple of visitors over the weekend in Salida.....my old boss, Dr. Harbenbach (retired superintendent of the Aurora Public Schools) and our long time family friends the Duggins.

Dr. Hartenbach and I fishing at O'Haver Lake.
Amy cooking up a day's worth of fish!!!

me, Amy,
Nadia, Pete, Rosie, and Jim Duggins visiting us in Salida.

Love to everyone in our families!
Greg and Amy
PS--> alright Amber and Julie.....a trivia question from your childhood......
Can you tell me where the picture of me being attacked by a giant beetle
was taken?????

PSS--> Joe and Julie....thanks for posting the "Grams does Greece" slide show link on the avacado for others to see!!!











3 comments:

Julie said...

I think I've seen that beetle on the way to Salida, or Westcliffe. Is it Hwy 50? On the right hand side as you are heading towards the mountains...

Joe Morales said...

Catching up on the Avocado after a super busy week. Nice haul of fish Greg! Was great to see you guys at Limon as well as the various other activities the past couple weeks! That bug is big - but not as freaky as the insect biology lesson you gave us the other night on your porch after the "Grams Does Greece" party... That beetle was crazy!

MoonRaka said...

Greg, the Giant Beetle is on the way to Westcliffe, and I suppose Salida too (same road) ? Joe and I see it every time we go to Rancho Morales, and we comment on how Joey would have nightmares if he saw it as often as we do. the Ironman does NOT like BUGS!
I want some of that fresh caught fish Amy was preparing.
It was great to see everyone at Limon Restaurant. I'll send out the "Good" pictures. Our little camera has been acting up.