Tuesday, January 15, 2008

FAMILY TREE

Familia,

My cousin Luis Felipe, who lives in Reynosa, Mexico sent these pictures to me a while back. They were taken in Ciudad Victoria, Tamaulipas, where my brothers and I were born.

MY FATHER

He passed away about 5 years ago in Monterrey, Mexico, where he lived with his second family half of his life.




The following picture was taken on My Grandparents 50th Wedding Anniversary (On my father's side) Las Bodas de Oro. My Grandparents, Felipe Sr. and Abigail, (in the middle) had 10 children, 2 boys and 8 girls.

My father is the second one on the last row, right to left . His wife, Adriana, is sitting in front of him holding their first baby, Adrianita. My father and Adriana had three children, Adriana, Enrique and Gabriela, all in their 30's and 40's now. They look VERY much like us.

My brother, Armando, is in the second row (boys kneeling). He is the second one right to left in the white shirt, no jacket.

My oldest brother, Felipe, is the fifth one, right to left, on the same row.

I am in the first row (girls sitting), the third one , left to right, with the bowl hair cut.

My brothers and I were living with my Mom in Mexico City already, but my Mom drove us to Ciudad Victoria (a 12 hour mountain drive back then) so we could attend the Bodas De Oro.

My sister, Jessica, was born in Mexico City on May 13, 1964. I was 10 years old .

I have a picture of my Mom that I'm having trouble scanning , so I'll post it a bit later. She was/ is the COOLEST, most generous, most loving person in the world. I love her with ALL my heart.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Wow Raquel that is so cool! I totally recognize you in the front row :) Thank you for sharing these special pieces of family history

MoonRaka said...

Thanks Jumie,

It was actually pretty emotional looking at the pictures again. It made me take a walk on "Memory Lane" BIG time!

I'll post my Mamacita's picture as soon as I figure out why it's not scanning.

Love You M'hijita!

Joe Morales said...

Those are great pictures mama.. I remember when you first got them. Felipe really looks like Chino. You have still kept a lot of your childhood look!!