Monday, September 21, 2009

August and September from Greg and Amy

Hello family!!!

Time has flown by and I haven't posted anything on the Avacado for quite some time sooooo.......following are a few quick updates and pictures from Amy and I for August and September !

On August 14th.....Amy and I celebrated our 38th wedding anniversary.....and we are even more in love now than we were so many many years ago.

On August 26th.....Raquel and I celebrated our birthdays surrounded by our loved ones!!!!

I went elk hunting (archery) the first week of September......didn't get an elk but I did catch the largest trout I've ever caught in Colorado.....about 22 inches long and over 3.5 pounds.


view from the "elk camp" towards the Flattops Wilderness area

On September 18th Joey and Josh ran in the Buenva Vista Half marathon. Amy and I went up to Salida on Thursday....Joe, Raquel, and Josh came up Friday afternoon and joined us for dinner...and Joey and Julie arrived Friday evening.

It was great fun spending time together in Salida and Buena Vista....and especially watching the Morales boys run in the marathon.....they were AWESOME!!!!

Finally, these past few days were the last days of summer....and we had typical Colorado weather at our house......sun/hot, rain/wet, snow/cold.....all within 24 hours...but yesterday...during the rain....there was the most beautiful rainbow in our backyard....so I took some pictures which I thought were so pretty that I wanted to share a few images....I hope you like them!
Love,
Greg and Amy


4 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Suzanne said...

How beautiful and the double rainbows are gorgeous. Beautiful family!

MoonRaka said...

Suegros,
Beautiful pictures all around ! That Rainbow was really something else yesterday.
Congratulations on your 38th Anniversary, just how cool is that!!!
Thank you for having us over to the Pinery Casa to celebrate the "Buddy Birthdays", and for hosting us for carbo loading dinner and fantastict breakfast at your Salida Casita for the Muchachos Half Marathon Race. It was a wonderful weekend

Joe Morales said...

Thanks again for being there this past weekend. We really had a blast up in Salida/BV and it was really fun to be able to spend with both parents. I also have another posting about the race that I'll be putting out soon.

Nice fish!

Nice views from vacation land!