Monday, September 28, 2009

Fall Harvest Green Chile

Dad here is my "flora" part...

Picked a lot of chiles from the garden last week to make veggie green chile. Really easy to skin them when they've just been picked.

Fresh Picked


The harvester


Straight to the grill (we did rinse them first)


roasted.. you could already see the skins seperating which makes it 100 times easier.
Steam them in tupperware for 15 minutes so skins seperate more.



After steaming, peel 'em and gut 'em

Meanwhile Julie was inside putting the rest of the recipe together in the dutch oven. I will post this shortly. This is just about done.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Chiles look awesome - before and after. Yo quiero "Green Chile"

Suzanne said...

I love seeing those pictures. Are you doing Debbie's meat recipe? In my veggie recipe I don't peel or take the stems off, just blend them to a paste consistency. Yummy yummy yummy...

Joe Morales said...

Hi Sue,

First time around we just did veggie. We like meat green chile too but we really wanted to taste our garden since we put so much work into it. It was worth it!

MoonRaka said...

"Tan Picoso Como El Chile Verde"!Mexican saying to describe a "Spunky Person".
Waiting for the recipe, que rico!
We did Miller Farm's Bounty yesterday and have fresh roasted super hot chiles.

Deb said...

YUM!!!!! I love green chile. I even toted my dynamite chiles all the way from Denver. They're sitting in grandmas freezer until we can get into our new house.
I want some now soooo bad those look so delicious!!

Greg and Amy Reed said...

Beautiful pictures of fresh produce....and you even know where it came from...and how it was treated during the growing season.

Very cool!!!!

Greg and Amy

J said...

OH GOD YES