Saturday, August 11, 2007

I AM FROM / MOONRAKA

I am from a Home Office for my Joe where we have breakfast together most mornings; a kitchen fit for a 5 Star Restaurant Chef; a Media Room looked upon by the likes of Marilyn, The Godfather, Scarface, Raging Bull, the Avalanche's, Peter Forsberg's # 21 autographed jersey, and a red pop corn machine.

I am from a lobsided backyard invaded by sweet neighborhood kids and their new puppies, a large patio where an 8 person patio set existed before the 2006 record breaking snow storms claimed the aluminum /tile table , a front porche with a ledge adorned with 9 colorful flower plants that last from April to late October.

I am from a serene at night neihborhood , and active side neighbors with a set of hell raising 8 year old twin boys and a 5 year old sweet, big eyed, beautiful girl with a 3 year old pug named Lucy, and a baby pug name Paige. I am from Daniel's Park with miles and miles of hiking and biking trails, the largest Colorado buffalo herd, and packs of coyotes howling at night while celebrating a kill, and the Sanctuary golf course.

I am from a Lebanese/ Mexican mother and a French/ Mexican father, 2 older brothers and a younger sister. I am from a small northern province in the Republic of Mexico, a materially frugal and love rich childhood. I am from a boarding school scholastic and life education that showed me what the other side could be. I am from my 3 men, my husband and my sons, the love of my life, who fill my heart with the purest joy. For 32 years now, I am honored to be from a very proud and generous "have my back" Morales family. I am from a newly arrived look into kindness, acceptance, harmony and unconditional love with which the Reed Family regales me. I am a proud Mexican seeking American citizenship.

I am from..........."Don't you do that, you Bad Thing!"......... "I'm so amazing!" (Thanks Sue)........, "Que te dice tia ?".........., "Positive energy attracts positive energy"........... "You have to WILL it.............."You are what you eat".........."No shit Sherlock"

I am from remembering that we are all connected and that our memories are our, past, present and future................that our memories are who we were, who we will be and who we ARE!

MoonRaka

2 comments:

Julie said...

Wow Raquel that is a great one!!

Suzanne said...

Handy, I was crying my eyes out, but I'm a bit dehydrated and the tears barely surfaced. I did get to feel that thunder before the purge of tears, over and over.