Monday, August 27, 2007

Retrospective

When I was a child and my younger brother was four we were at a beach in Mexico. He was sitting in a little inflatable raft on the beach. Every once in a while a wave would come in and lift the raft above the sand and he was so excited that he was oozing spit out of his mouth which collected into a foam bubble on his chin. I felt something under the water and grabbed it and it was some sort of strange sea creature which freaked me out. I ran out of the water and asked my parents what they thought it might have been. Because I was freaked out by the whole thing I was trying to act cool and laugh about it but internally I was actually a bit scared for reasons I can not explain. The laughter was obviously forced and I think my parents picked up on it and wondered why I was being such a wimp about a sea creature.

Later that night we I took a shower before doing to town for dinner. After my shower I forgot to put the cover back on the shower drain. We went to town for a nice dinner and came back and went to sleep. In the middle of the night I woke up in need of bathroom relief. I went to the bathroom and to my chagrin three huge cockroaches had come up out of the uncovered shower drain and were facing me from the bathroom floor. I got scared again and turned off the light and went back to bed. My parents heard me stirring and they asked why I had not gone to the bathroom. I told them that I had seen three huge cockroaches so I did'nt want to go anymore. My dad went in and killed three huge cock roaches and told me I was safe to go... I went back in and when I opened the toilet lid three cockroaches were dead in the toilet. Afterwards I went to bed and the entire night I couldn't sleep. I started to think there were three huge cock roaches in my pillow. The next morning I was glad to leave tecolulta.

1 comment:

MoonRaka said...

M'Hijito,

That was the day / night that defined your "Bug Phobia". Dad felt really guilty, for a long time, about making you go to the bathroom. I remember when he got up the next morning and went to use the bathroom himself.....it dawned on him that when he said "Joey, quit screwing around and GO to the bathroom", you were forced to face your Bug Fears Right On Their 3 "Bug Eyed Puny Little Dead Faces" right there...swimming around in the toilet........

Pobrecito Joey.....

We are really sorry M'Hijito. We promise not to EVER put you in a "Bug Nasty Situation" again.

You DID dress up as Spider Man one Halloween......I think thta was o.k., No ?

MoonRaka