Friday, May 18, 2007

Guten Morgen ???, Gute Nacht!!!

Hi Family:

I am in Frankfurt, Germany and have been since Monday. Spent 3 days in a Castle (Schloss Reinhartshausen Kempinski) built in the early 1800's, which happens ot be right on the Rhine river. It is very beautiful and supposedly in some of the best wine country in Europe, so they hosted a wine tasting for us and we had a chance to smoke some Cubanos. It was good fun!!! It is now Friday night and the company had an Audi A6 sitting around, so I am borrowing it for the weekend to do some sightseeing and hopefully to visit JJ, my nephew, who is in the Military stationed in a town called Budingen, 50 to 60 miles outside Frankfurt. If it works out, I'll take some pics and post them on our BLOG. I will be here one more week and then back to Denver for a few weeks and then Raka will join me on a trip to Athens, Greece in the middle of June with an extended stay back in Frankfurt until the middle of July. I should learn German, but it is a tough language, I'll still try. OK familia, just wanted to post something to prove to Joey that you can still teach a old dog new tricks. Two firsts for today, driving in Germany and entering and posting something on my 1st BLOG. Stay safe and Cheers to all.

Joe Sr.

1 comment:

Joe Morales said...

Hey Dad!

That sounds great. I hope you get to meet up with JJ. It's always fun to meet up with a familiar face in a strange place. Have a great weekend and enjoy the wheels as well as the country that designed them!