Sunday, May 20, 2007

JJ's Post

I had to sing in that same building a few years ago while doing a Dept. of Defense tour. JJ is on the same base I was. Amazing! Our break room was a room used for storage that was full of old furniture. I kept wondering if Hitler had touched any of it. I remember when I took a train ride to the Chec/Germany border, and had to do the same walk the concentration camp victims did. You could feel them. Tears poured out of our eyes (musicians) as we did the walk from the rickety old train to our bus, lugging suitcases, imagining them doing the same. It was hard to breathe.

I somehow in all of this feel connected to my family. Never mentioned that experience to anyone before now. I never thought anyone in my family would be on that base JJ.

I love you all.

Cuncu

No comments: