Sunday, May 20, 2007

When it rains it pours

Sounds like Dad and JJ had a great time. I wish I could have been there. Strange that hardly anyone in our family had ever been to Germany and now in the same week there are sevaral people there at the same time! (I'll come back to this in a bit)..

As I write this post, I am recovering from a whirl-wind weekend which began with my return to San Jose from Denver Friday morning. Julie and I had a "Date Night" Friday night which consisted of Bogey's Pizza and catching up on episodes of Lost. I got up Saturday morning for an early mountain bike ride. There is a loop I've been riding and I have a goal to finish it in less than 40 minutes. When I first started riding it took me about and hour and twenty minutes. Saturday I finished in 41:58. So close!!! After the ride we cleaned up and headed out for the wedding of Tyler and Sandra Townsend, some good friends we've made in San Jose. They are about Josh's age and a great couple. The wedding was a blast. Here are a couple pictures:

(Me and my lovely wife)

Julie and California "bff", Jenn


Now back to the Germany thing... After this busy weekend, we woke up this morning and packed Julie's bags for a week long work trip to Berlin! Jenn from the wedidng picture is also on this trip - they work together at Ebay. Who could imagine JJ, Dad and Julie (and Jenn) all in the same remote country in the same week! When it rains it pours! Due to work activities and distance (5 hours from Dad/JJ to Julie (see map below), it will probably not be possible for people to join up but it is always a comfort to know that you are close to family...

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&saddr=berlin&daddr=frankfurt+to%3ABudingen&mrcr=1&sll=50.833698,11.777344&sspn=4.968876,10.217285&ie=UTF8&ll=51.6998,14.084473&spn=9.757676,20.43457&z=6&om=1

No comments: